In the first part of this series, an initial look at Planview’s product manager philosophy – the “product manager manifesto” – focused on many of the critical cross-organizational roles the product manager plays. There’s no doubt that product managers wear many hats, including evangelist, product champion, sales liaison, developer and marketer, just to name a few.As a reminder from last time:
- You are both internal champion and external voice for your product/product area.
- You serve sales and development as primary customers.
- Your job is a combination of inbound (product management) and outbound (product marketing).
- You are responsible for defining the positioning of any new capabilities delivered in your product/product area.
- You are the expert on the competition for your product/product area.