A recent article in Forbes (Trends of Note for CIOs) identified the top trends as follows:
- Establishing a culture of innovation
- Maturing data governance and maintenance
- Getting real value out of the cloud
- Staying on top of the evolving threats related to cybersecurity
- Containers and microservices as the driver to IT agility
Data governance took the second-place spot for a reason. The obvious reason is all of the attention around data privacy regulation such as GDPR and CCPA, and rightfully so. Data governance can help facilitate the inventorying and tagging of Personal Information through metadata management, and can help define risk, priorities and business requirements through the operating model.